[mythtv-users] Can I tell mythfilldatabase not to reschedule?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 12:49:14 UTC 2022

On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 9:57 AM Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since where I live (Belgium) is poorly served by reliable metadata
> sources I have to use multiple grabbers and do some preprocessing before
> importing the metadata using mythfilldatabase --xmlfile. That's three
> mythfilldatabase runs one after the other.

You may want to consider using one or more of the xmltv
supplemental filter programs (tv_merge, tv_cat, tv_sort, ...)
to extract, supplement, and combine the xmltv files before
You can also use xsltproc to apply style sheets to the
xml file and adjust the data before loading.

> I would like to avoid that by getting mythfilldatabase not to also
> reschedule, leaving me to do that at the end of the nightly script. Can
> this be done?

There are other parts of MythTV that can end up doing
at least a partial, if not full, reschedule, so simply preventing
mythfilldatabase from doing one may not actually do what
you really want (which is to not use the data you have
loaded until you have adjusted it).

If at all possible, you should consider using power search
rules.  If, for example, you want to record a show titled
"THE SHOW", but you already have series 1-3 on DVD,
you might replace a simple title match in your recording
rules with a power search of something like (untested):

   program.title = 'THE SHOW' AND program.season > 3

Power search is one of those unique to MythTV
capabilities that one can use to great effect.