[mythtv-users] Can I tell mythfilldatabase not to reschedule?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Feb 13 10:43:16 UTC 2022

On Sun, 13 Feb 2022 10:55:48 +0100, you wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>Since where I live (Belgium) is poorly served by reliable metadata
>sources I have to use multiple grabbers and do some preprocessing before
>importing the metadata using mythfilldatabase --xmlfile. That's three
>mythfilldatabase runs one after the other.
>
>After these mythfilldatabase runs I do some postprocessing using sql
>scripts, and then run mythutil --resched.
>
>Some of that postprocessing affects criteria that are used in recording
>rules, such that certain shows that the raw metadata suggests should be
>recorded end up not having to be. For example: my postprocessing marks
>shows I have on DVD or blueray as not to be rerecorded.
>
>The trouble is that each mythfilldatabase run also asks the backend to
>reschedule, and occasionally a recording immediately begins of a show
>that my postprocessing decides should not be recorded.
>
>I would like to avoid that by getting mythfilldatabase not to also
>reschedule, leaving me to do that at the end of the nightly script. Can
>this be done?
>
>Many thanks, Jan

I do SQL postprocessing too, and I have never found a way to prevent
mythfilldatabase from rescheduling.  Fortunately, the problem of
recordings starting immediately is not one I normally get, but it
would be nice to not have to worry about it.  But I think that would
require a patch to mythfilldatabase - probably not a difficult one
though.