[mythtv-users] Can I tell mythfilldatabase not to reschedule?

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 09:55:48 UTC 2022

Dear all,

Since where I live (Belgium) is poorly served by reliable metadata
sources I have to use multiple grabbers and do some preprocessing before
importing the metadata using mythfilldatabase --xmlfile. That's three
mythfilldatabase runs one after the other.

After these mythfilldatabase runs I do some postprocessing using sql
scripts, and then run mythutil --resched.

Some of that postprocessing affects criteria that are used in recording
rules, such that certain shows that the raw metadata suggests should be
recorded end up not having to be. For example: my postprocessing marks
shows I have on DVD or blueray as not to be rerecorded.

The trouble is that each mythfilldatabase run also asks the backend to
reschedule, and occasionally a recording immediately begins of a show
that my postprocessing decides should not be recorded.

I would like to avoid that by getting mythfilldatabase not to also
reschedule, leaving me to do that at the end of the nightly script. Can
this be done?

Many thanks, Jan