[mythtv-users] REQUEST: Would you like to help translate MythTV v32 into your language?

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 21:14:36 UTC 2022

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 at 07:59, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> A happy and healthy New Year to our many MythTV users around the
> world. I hope this finds you safe and well.
>
> If you're not already aware, the latest version of MythTV, v32, is due
> for release at the end of March. With about 8 weeks until the release,
> it is now time to start updating translations across our many
> supported languages.
>
> MythTV currently contains translations for 31 different languages, in
> various states of completion.
>
> Have you ever considered helping to translate the MythTV interface
> inot your native language, or into one that you are familiar with? If
> so, please read on...
>
> The current list of supported languages for v32 and their translation
> status can be seen here:
>
>   http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/32-fixes/
>
> Please also make sure to check the Translation page on the MythTV
> wiki, which has full details about how our translations are updated:
>
>   https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation
>
> If you see a language that you could help with, and you are interested
> in helping to make MythTV accessible to even more users, please let me
> know, including which language(s) you can help out with, and I can get
> the wiki page updated with your details.
>
> If you have any questions, please drop me an email!
>
> Hi Nick,

I'm working on the Dutch translation and it is almost done now.
However, I cannot find the strings for the new feature introduced in Github
issue #331 that has progress indicators for both recording and watching. I
think I translated all occurrences of "watched" and "recorded" that I could
find in the Qt linguist app but it is of course possible I did miss one.
The strings are defined in file recordings-ui.xml of theme mythcenter-wide,
lines 485 and 500.
Do you have any idea what could be the issue here?

Thanks,
Klaas.