[mythtv-users] The Olympics has destroyed my video

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 16:45:35 UTC 2022

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022, 09:25 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

 I have had to switch to SLIM and with that I get artifacts I think are
> called tearing which annoy me but the wife is happy so that is where it is.

One thing I have noticed with Nvidia video cards if you have two displays
connected to the same card and they are not the precise same frame rate,
for example 60.02 versus 59.99, this will cause tearing on one of the
screens but not the other. I have found in my history no way to prevent
this, so I've purchased an AMD card instead for multiple monitors.

If you just have one screen on your computer then I'm not 100% sure what to
offer as a solution to this issue, however I have found that using the KDE
desktop with compositing, leaving compositing enabled full-time, and using
the I believe it is the copy frames option? ields the best result for
tear-free video.

Mike