[mythtv-users] Mythtv-Leanfront running on Sony TV

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Dec 29 13:09:39 UTC 2022

Me too are horrible, but may help ...

> On 29 Dec 2022, at 7:18 pm, Justin Smith <justin at smithpolglase.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed leanfront on my Sony TV a couple of days ago. It works well and a big thanks to Peter Bennett for a great solution to today's version of the original problem that MythTV was intended to solve - integration. Finally I can throw away my old and buggy Harmony remote and just use the Sony remote...
>
> I've notice a couple of minor things though, and I was wondering if Peter or someone else could advise/comment:
>
> Firstly, pretty much all our FTA TV channels are interlaced, either 1080i, or lower resolution, at 25Hz (Australia). I've noticed that leanfront complains that there is no suitable refresh rate for frame rates of 25Hz.  And 23.98Hz content too for that matter. However, the playback appears very smooth, so I'm wondering what frame rate leanfront is using?
>
> Secondly, there are a few formats which don't work for me. This is not a big deal, but I'd be interested to know if this is a case of "no can do" or just "our priorities meant we didn't implement that" (or something else). These include:
> * WMV VC1 1080p @ 23.976Hz (no video but the audio played fine - both TrueHD and DTS files).
> * H265 MPEGH HEVC 2160p 23.976 Hz (video and audio played but was a bit choppy).
> * H264 MPEG4 AVC 1080p 29.97Hz (no video and no audio - either TrueHD or E-AC3).
>
> These formats all worked fine on the MythTV Frontend connected to the same TV. Note that the majority of 4K files I've tried work just fine.
>
> Thirdly, a feature request, if Peter is ever in the mood: Can we have a function to display playback data like the Frontend does?

I installed leanfront (Perth) on a firetv stick and I have not encounted *any* framerate complaints or any ‘won’t plays’
We get no HVEC (7, 9, 10, ABC, SBS) everything I’ve looked at is 25Hz with ABC, SBS doing around 4000 Kbs and the commercial chans arond 2Mb/s. During the Doco on coral-spawing ABC upped the data rate to high 4000s
I’ve got some samples of jellyfish clips and 4K upto 100mb HVEC looks beautifull beyond that the LAN causes a whiring circle
James