[mythtv-users] tv_grab_zz_sdjson returning zero-length files

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 20:50:54 UTC 2022

On Tue, Dec 27, 2022 at 8:14 PM <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:

> Is there a good way to debug
> it further if this isn't a server issue?  Thanks...

I don't know if it is a good way, but I would try:

* Add the flags "--verbose general,xmltv" to your
  mythfilldatabase run and the output from the
  grabber itself should be in the log (which may,
  or may not, be helpful, of course).  I always
  run mythfilldatabase with those flag options
  so that there is a record of any anomalies
  (if you did not log/measure it, it did not happen,
  although some grabbers are themselves so
  verbose if you take their defaults that the logs
  are ugly).

* Run the grabber manually, using the command
  line from the run above (and under the appropriate
  userid) that the logs show mythfilldatabase used
  to see if it works (you can change the output file
  name if you wish, as it is just a generated temp file),
  or any additional information is provided in the
  logging.