[mythtv-users] tv_grab_zz_sdjson returning zero-length files

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Dec 27 20:13:01 UTC 2022

For the last 48 hours or so, MFDB has been saying:

    > mythfilldatabase: mythfilldatabase[2670622]: E CoreContext xmltvparser.cpp:743 (parseFile) Malformed XML file, missing </tv> element, at line 1, Premature end of document.

I don't know if the server is having issues or if something broke on my
end.  I used inotifywait and a simple script to hardlink the tempfile
it's writing in /tmp the instant it's created so I could get a look
at it before the grabber could delete it again---it's zero-length.
My subscription expires in the summer, so I presume that's not it.

I looked in the forum and don't see any obvious posts about this.
Is anyone else seeing this failure?  Is there a good way to debug
it further if this isn't a server issue?  Thanks...