[mythtv-users] macosx

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 12:42:19 UTC 2022

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 6:18 AM James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 30 Apr 2022, at 12:42 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 7:56 PM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > $ uname -m
> > x86_64
>
> because of protocol diffs I built my High Sierra frontend. Guide me please:
>
> [haycorn] /Users/jam [509]% /Applications/
> mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend
> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.9.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Applications/
> mythfrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/5/QtWebKit
>   Reason: image not found
> Abort trap: 6
>
> So I thought I’d be clever
>
> [haycorn] /Users/jam [511]% sudo port install libjpeg-turbo
> --->  Cleaning libjpeg-turbo
> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
> --->  Found 20 broken files, matching files to ports
> Warning: No port p5.26-net-ssleay found in the index; can't rebuild
> --->  Found 4 broken ports, determining rebuild order
> You can always run 'port rev-upgrade' again to fix errors.
> The following ports will be rebuilt:
>  ImageMagick @6.9.9-40+x11
>  inkscape @0.92.4+x11
>  libmng @2.0.3
>  qt5-qtwebkit @5.9.1
> Continue? [Y/n]: y
> --->  Computing dependencies for libgcc11
> --->  Fetching archive for libgcc11
> --->  Attempting to fetch libgcc11-11.3.0_1.darwin_17.x86_64.tbz2 from
> http://packages.macports.org/libgcc11
> --->  Attempting to fetch libgcc11-11.3.0_1.darwin_17.x86_64.tbz2 from
> http://jog.id.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/libgcc11
> --->  Attempting to fetch libgcc11-11.3.0_1.darwin_17.x86_64.tbz2 from
> http://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/libgcc11
> --->  Building libgcc11
> Error: Failed to build libgcc11: command execution failed
> Error: See
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_lang_gcc11/libgcc11/main.log
> for details.
> Error: Problem while installing libgcc11
> Error: rev-upgrade failed: Error rebuilding ImageMagick
> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets if you believe
> there is a bug.
>
> Before I cry to mac ports am I being silly?

When was the last time you upgraded your ports tree / did a port selfupdate
/ port upgrade (i.e. before this recent update, assuming you updated :) )?

macports did a mass move to use libjpeg-turbo a while back.   This broke a
ton of stuff that had unlisted dependencies - qt5-qtwebkit was one and was
resolved, but if you haven't updated your ports tree in a while, you're
probably experiencing that pain now.

Also, without seeing the exact build error, I'm not sure what's tripping
you up.  There's a handful of open macports trac tickets that appear to
have been made after the most recent gcc11 update
<https://trac.macports.org/search?q=gcc11>, one of those could be your
issue.  I always check trac (https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Tickets) first
before doing any serious troubleshooting as someone usually has a ticket
open and the ticket generally gets good attention from the macports
volunteers.

If it's not an issue already reported in an open ticket, my suggestion
would be to update your ports tree, upgrade your installed packages, then
try to uninstall the items needing a rev-upgrade, then reinstall as there's
probably already updated binary hanging out on the macports build system
that will avoid the need to compile all of the support libraries.

sudo port selfupdate

sudo port update outdated

sudo port -f uninstall qt5-qtwebkit libmng inkscape ImageMagick
sudo port install qt5-qtwebkit libmng inkscape ImageMagick

If that doesn't work, open a new ticket and make sure to include your error
log.

Craig may have a better suggestion.

Also, apologies to the folks that are stuck on high-sierra.  I won't be
making any future builds for that OS as the harddrive hosting the VM for
that OS failed and I will not be reconstituting a VM for any OS that no
longer  receives security patches.