[mythtv-users] Mythweb Pagination Setting

Steve Evans mythtv-users at gorbag.com
Mon Apr 25 16:24:37 UTC 2022

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 07:48:33 -0500
Dave Ulrick <d-ulrick at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 4/25/22 7:20 AM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 4:11 PM Dave Ulrick <d-ulrick at comcast.net>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> If a Web client PC seems to forget its pagination setting, I'd
> >> think the most likely cause would be the loss of the Web browser's
> >> cookies for Mythweb.
> >>
> >> Dave
> > As per my first reply earlier, I don't get what this "pagination" is
> > in MythWeb. As far as I can see, the Recorded Programs page in
> > MythWeb is coded to report all recordings in one big page
> > regardless.
> Suppose I have recorded 123 episodes of a particular series named
> XYZ. If I select XYZ in Recorded Programs, this is what would be
> displayed for the various pagination settings:
>
> Off:  one page listing all 123 episodes
> 100: page 1: 100 episodes; page 2: the remaining 23 episodes
> 50:  pages 1 and 2: 50 episodes each; page 3: the remaining 23
> episodes 25:  pages 1-4: 25 episodes each; page 5: remaining 23
> episodes 10:  pages 1-12: 10 episodes each; page 13: remaining 3
> episodes
>
> In all but the first case, the bottom of each page will contain a
> bunch of links that allow one to jump directly to page 1, 2, 3, 4,
> ... For instance, my 25-episode-per-page example would have this line:
>
> Pages - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
>
> Page 1 would contain episodes 1 - 25, Page 2 episodes 26 - 50, and so
> forth.

This is  controlled by the MythWeb setting TV/Page Recorded programmes
which has a drop down list of values. These are Off, 10, 25, 50 or 100.
These result in the different behaviours described above.

Steve
Steve Evans            E-mail: mailto:stevee at gorbag.com
Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
Public Encryption Key:         http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html

5.15.32-gentoo-r1 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz GNU/Linux

 17:18:42 up 20 days,  8:14,  5 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.72, 0.78

I was appalled by this story of the destruction of a member of a valued
endangered species.  It's all very well to celebrate the practicality of
pigs by ennobling the porcine sibling who constructed his home out of
bricks and mortar.  But to wantonly destroy a wolf, even one with an
excessive taste for porkers, is unconscionable in these ecologically
critical times when both man and his domestic beasts continue to maraud
the earth.
		Sylvia Kamerman, "Book Reviewing"