[mythtv-users] Mythweb Pagination Setting

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Mon Apr 25 12:48:33 UTC 2022

On 4/25/22 7:20 AM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 4:11 PM Dave Ulrick <d-ulrick at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> If a Web client PC seems to forget its pagination setting, I'd think the
>> most likely cause would be the loss of the Web browser's cookies for
>> Mythweb.
>>
>> Dave
> As per my first reply earlier, I don't get what this "pagination" is
> in MythWeb. As far as I can see, the Recorded Programs page in MythWeb
> is coded to report all recordings in one big page regardless.

Suppose I have recorded 123 episodes of a particular series named XYZ.
If I select XYZ in Recorded Programs, this is what would be displayed
for the various pagination settings:

Off:  one page listing all 123 episodes
100: page 1: 100 episodes; page 2: the remaining 23 episodes
50:  pages 1 and 2: 50 episodes each; page 3: the remaining 23 episodes
25:  pages 1-4: 25 episodes each; page 5: remaining 23 episodes
10:  pages 1-12: 10 episodes each; page 13: remaining 3 episodes

In all but the first case, the bottom of each page will contain a bunch
of links that allow one to jump directly to page 1, 2, 3, 4, ... For
instance, my 25-episode-per-page example would have this line:

Pages - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Page 1 would contain episodes 1 - 25, Page 2 episodes 26 - 50, and so forth.

Dave