[mythtv-users] ***Spam*** dvd subtitles colors

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 17:28:34 UTC 2021

Hoi Stephen,

---

>>I haven't jet tried if makemkv sees the picture galleries, but I have
>>little hope. It seems they are hidden somewhere outside any default
>>structure. Maybe even as frames of a movie.

> Yes, picture galleries can be done as video files with very low frame
> rates, such as one frame per 20 seconds.

I found the picture galleries, hidden inside the dvd menu structure.
This is how I could extract them:

Make a copy of the dvd with dvdbackup. On this copy you can play the
individual .vob files to see what's in each and you can access them
directly with for instance projectX. In projectX you can then save the
separate frames as bitmaps. If you want to save space you can next
convert to jpeg.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hvdhoven at xs4all.nl

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven