[mythtv-users] Myth 031 RPMFusion what to do about MySQL/MariaDB

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:58:32 UTC 2021

On 07/09/2021 18:29, Ken Smith wrote:

> John Pilkington wrote:

>>> It looks as if your problems are with the rpmfusion mythtv packages
>>> for el8, and asking on their lists might be appropriate.
>>
>> ... or try:
>>
>> --disable-modular-filtering
>>     Disables filtering of modular packages, so that packages of
>> inactive module streams are included in the result.
>>
>> https://dnf.readthedocs.io/en/latest/command_ref.html
>>
>> ??
>> > John
>
> Thank you John, That's a great idea. It would seem that the version of
> dnf compiled in Alma 8 does not know that option. Nor does the version
> in Fedora 34 :-(
>
> I'd appreciate hearing from anyone else on this list has managed to get
> MythTV running in RHEL 8 or clones? Did you use the rpmfusion version or
> something else?
>
> Off to raise a bug at rpmfusion.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ken

Somewhere in the rabbit warren I found a statement that the
'disable-module-filtering' option could be dangerous, and an explanation
of how to disable individual modules that chimed with the otherwise
mysterious instructions in the stackexchange post that I referenced
earlier.

I'm using el7 and f33 packages for recent master(s) built with gary's
script, and that had a commit for el8 config some time ago.  I expect
the build would be ok, but my last-built el7 packages had other
conflicts (libzip related) that made me stop updating.  Perhaps modules
could help :-)

John P