[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 5 09:14:11 UTC 2021

On Sun, 5 Sept 2021 at 09:23, John <jksjdevelop at gmail.com> wrote:

> I too converted cross-eit to use Python 3 and it is currently working fine
> for me.
>
> I have to edit the file when the clocks change as the line
>
> date = dateobj + datetime.timedelta(seconds=time.altzone)
>
> doesn't cope with the time change, do you have a fix?

I remember having to do the same change manually, probably following your
advice here on the list.

I have not fixed it so that it would do the change by itself. If I get it
to work again, I probably should. (Writing an if statement with last Sunday
in March / last Sunday in October---seems dumb but ought to work.)

> As to your problem .
>
> The 'chanid' value changes after every scan so i use something like.
>
> select serviceid,chanid,channum,sourceid,callsign from channel where
> callsign like("%Channel 4 HD%") ;
>
> to get the correct value, however you have a valid xml file so that should
> not be the issue.

In any case, your query gives the following on my system right now:

mysql> select serviceid,chanid,channum,sourceid,callsign from channel where
callsign like("%Channel 4 HD%") ;

+-----------+--------+---------+----------+--------------+

| serviceid | chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign     |

+-----------+--------+---------+----------+--------------+

|     21200 |  22200 | 21200   |        1 | Channel 4 HD |

|     21200 |  31200 | 21200   |        1 | Channel 4 HD |

+-----------+--------+---------+----------+--------------+

2 rows in set (0.01 sec)

I am not sure why I get two. Maybe a relic of multiple scans? No clue which
is the "correct" one (if either is).

> I use the same mythfilldatabase command
>
> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --verbose xmltv --file --sourceid
> 1 --xmlfile /tmp/export.xml
>
> So presuming sourceid is correct it should work.
>
> What has changed recently on your system?
>
> Have you recently scanned?

For some definition of recently, yes (a few months ago).

I hate rescanning because it always messes up so much stuff. I did it
because I thought I was missing some channels that might have moved around.

Certainly the Channel 4 HD was no longer working after that; but I forget
if it was still working just before.