[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit

John jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 08:23:15 UTC 2021

On 05/09/2021 08:54, UB40D via mythtv-users wrote:

>     mysql> select chanid,channum,sourceid,callsign,name from channel
>     where xmltvid='hd.channel4.com <http://hd.channel4.com>';
>     +--------+---------+----------+--------------+--------------+
>     | chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign     | name       |
>     +--------+---------+----------+--------------+--------------+
>     |  22200 | 21200   |        1 | Channel 4 HD | Channel 4 HD |

I too converted cross-eit to use Python 3 and it is currently working
fine for me.

I have to edit the file when the clocks change as the line

date = dateobj + datetime.timedelta(seconds=time.altzone)

doesn't cope with the time change, do you have a fix?

As to your problem .

The 'chanid' value changes after every scan so i use something like.

select serviceid,chanid,channum,sourceid,callsign from channel where
callsign like("%Channel 4 HD%") ;

to get the correct value, however you have a valid xml file so that
should not be the issue.

I use the same mythfilldatabase command

/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --verbose xmltv --file
--sourceid 1 --xmlfile /tmp/export.xml

So presuming sourceid is correct it should work.

What has changed recently on your system?

Have you recently scanned?