[mythtv-users] ffmpeg-resync

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:29:57 UTC 2021

On 11/29/21 5:05 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> If I understand what was done, ffmpeg-resync has been recreated with
> the latest changes. I deleted my repository and recreated.
>
> What I'm seeing on 11th gen Intel (OpenGL) is perfect on MPEG2 1080i
> and 720p from HDHR OTA ATSC 1.0.
>
> Next using a RPI4 using
> (mythtv-light_test_32~Pre-3032-g38bb90e487-0_arm64_bullseye.deb), I
> spent all Sunday PM watching NFL football and that involved not only
> skipping commercials manually with the remote, but when catching up to
> real time, I skip 30 seconds a lot to go from the end a one play to
> the start of another. I could not see any issues at all. For the night
> game, I switched to my v31 production with Nvidia Shield mythfrontend
> Android and I could not tell any difference that I could notice.
>
> For my content V31 has been perfect on everything for a while, but
> Bullseye 64 bit and ffmpeg-resync on the RPI4 is now the same.
>
> Jim A

Thanks for the update. The problem with skipping that Klaas reported
seems to affect videos from "Watch Videos" on the frontend. I am not
able to recreate that problem.

Note I have rebased devel/ffmpeg-resync so if you pull again it will
tell you that the sources have diverged and it wants to do a merge. Fix
this by running

git checkout devel/ffmpeg-resync
git reset --hard HEAD~4
git pull

The rebase did not change any code, it just removed a text documentation
file.

Peter