[mythtv-users] Automatically retrieving Video Details

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:13:50 UTC 2021

On a fresh Mythtv install I usually put all the episodes of 2 TV series
into the /srv/mythtv/videos directory which is defined in mythtv-setup as
the Videos.

Using mythfrontend the first time I go to watch videos I have to scan to
find all the videos.  It takes a couple of seconds.  However it does not
retrieve any details about the TV programs.

To get the details, I have to:
While the TV show is under the cursor, right arrow.
Change Video Details,
Right arrow,
Retrieve details

Is there any way to force this to happen for all 500 videos in my
collection?

Jim A