[mythtv-users] XMLTV and Schedules Direct

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:39:09 UTC 2021

On 5/20/21 8:26 AM, Steve Greene wrote:
> I keep getting the following error when I run mythfilldatabase (as user mythtv):
>
>     2021-05-20 09:23:17.183995 E  XMLTV grabber returned error code 1
>     2021-05-20 09:23:17.433454 E  Malformed XML file, missing </tv> element, at line 1, Premature end of document.
>

> I've Googled discussions in the past on this issue, but they failed to identify what the problem is and what solved it.
>
> FWIW, I've run the grabber independently and it runs perfectly. The error looks to be on the Mythtv side.
>
> Any insights?
>
> Thanks.

If you run mythfilldatabase (as above) but with the -v xmltv
switch, you'll see the grabber command being used and can
run that to see the error. The output file won't be deleted
as you've seen when you run the grabber itself.

Kindly ignore this if it's what you've already done.

The grabber has a --debug switch, which can be very
noisy.

--
Bill