[mythtv-users] UK Crystal Palace OTA reception issue on CH55

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Mar 12 11:26:35 UTC 2021

On 12/03/2021 10:42, David Watkins wrote:

> If they do clear the 700MHz band and move the freeview broadcasts to the
> existing multiplexes on the lower channel numbers then that would solve my
> aerial problem.  It's in a very inaccessible location on the roof so
> replacing it isn't easy.
>
> I think I'm going to remove the BBC 4 HD channel from my lineup for now and
> hope it moves to an multiplex that works for me soon.

Note that they may not move any channel(s) to existing multiplexes, but instead start up a new
multiplex somewhere else - as well as shuffling channels between muxes.

In my case, one of the muxes is now interleaved with others from transmitters I don't want. This
makes selecting the correct ones somewhat interesting.

I'm still on V30; it is possible that the new tuner code may make this task easier, but I'm not
holding my breath.

--

Mike Perkins