[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony remote replacement - SofaBaton U1 ?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:40:13 UTC 2021

On 6/23/21 4:37 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:

> Perhaps, in those cases, Sofabatton's database might include the
> codes. I wonder if the database is viewable without owning a device.

I ordered a SofaBaton U1 from Amazon on Prime day for $36. I got it
today and returned it today.  It didn't take but 30 minutes to see it
wasn't up to the task of replacing a Harmony Smart Hub remote.

While the database has my 4 year old Samsung UHD, it didn't have my 9
year old AVR from Denon. I tried updating the remote code via IR
learning but that was going to take the rest of my life.

I could not add my Shield TV so that any of the basic buttons would work.

I used the UPS drop off return and my money has already been refunded.

One way to solve this is to throw all my old equipment away and buy new
stuff.  My wife has a new UHD from Samsung and a new FireTV 4k, along
with a new Polk Audio sound bar.  Both the TV remote and FireTV remote
can be setup to know about the sound bar and it all works without a
rocket scientist to set it up.  She did have a 70 yr old BSEE to do it
but I don't think it was that complicated for anyone.

Jim A