[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony remote replacement - SofaBaton U1 ?

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 21:10:11 UTC 2021

> On Jun 20, 2021, at 1:18 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 05:34:27PM +0100, Gavin Whitehead wrote:
>> Sadly my logitech harmony remote is finally giving up; there are now too
>> many non-functioning keys to make it viable.
>>
>> That, plus the sad/annoying news that logitech have EOL'd Harmony means I
>> need an alternative.  It just needs to drive a Panasonic TV and the MythTV
>> box (MCE, lirc).
>>
>> Does anyone use the SofaBaton U1?
>>
>>     http://www.sofabaton.com/u1.html
>>
>> Is it any good?
>>
>> Or does anyone have a suggestion for alternatives?
>
> The Sofabaton is my expected fallback when/if my Harmony's quit
> working.  Sadly, I don't know of any other affordable, universal,
> bluetooth remotes.

What about something like this….

https://www.amazon.com/AuviPal-G9F-Bluetooth-Rechargeable-Firestick/dp/B08T1B2FTF <https://www.amazon.com/AuviPal-G9F-Bluetooth-Rechargeable-Firestick/dp/B08T1B2FTF>

Has qwerty keybd on one side and traditional remote keys on other side. It is both bluetooth and IR.

Amazon has several other items similar.

Regards