[mythtv-users] Issue with back end host address

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 16:55:32 UTC 2021

When I turn on Listen on All IP Addresses, 192.168.4.7 is listed among
the set of IP addresses. I can then choose it as my primary IP.
192.168.4.7 is saved if I choose Save and Exit. Good. Then, if I turn
off Listen on All IP Addresses, 192.168.4.7 is replaced with 127.0.0.1,
thus recreating my original issue.

Just now I booted Linux with IPv6 enabled. The mythtv-setup issue with
the back end host address is the same: 127.0.0.1 is my only option if I
turn off Listen on All IP Addresses.

Looks like I'm stuck with listening on all IPs...

Dave