[mythtv-users] Rasberry Pi 4 - New FE

marcus hall marcus at tuells.org
Fri Jun 11 14:13:42 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 09:40:47AM +0100, Adam Skinner wrote:
> I've just got to figure out how to get Myth TV to work with some of the
> buttons on my basic usb fake keyboard/mouse remote control.
>
> As the Pi runs without X , these buttons are not recognised by Myth - but
> the same remotes all work fine and the buttons are seen in Myths edit keys
> when X runs on x86.
>
> I can see the button presses using showkey and evtest  ( KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
> KEY_VOLUMEUP  KEY_HOMEPAGE) but trying to set them inside Myth Frontends
> Settings->Edit Keys have the error: Pressed Key Not Recognised
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

Since mythfrontend is reacting and giving the error message, it is clearly
receiving the keypress event.  So, I think that is good.  If the keypress
was getting swallowed up by something else, I think it would be harder to
track down.

The message "Pressed key not recognized" is generated in
mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/keygrabber.cpp and is triggered when
QKeySequence(keycode).toString() returns an empty string.  QKeySequence
is from the QT library.

If this produces a valid keypress on a different system (showkey reports
the same keycode for the keypress), then I would suspect that perhaps the
locale is set differently or the keyboard type?  These things could affect
how QT interprets the keycode.

marcus hall
marcus at tuells.org