[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:16:17 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 1:29 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is currently no process for getting metadata for videos from
> Schedules Direct. A quick look at the SD API indicates that in order to
> get metadata you need a SD program id, which is a number such as
> ["EP000000060003"]. These come with your schedule download but I don't
> see ho to get them from a program title.

As I recall, Gracenote (the upstream for Schedules
Direct) does offer a separately licensed API to do
content discovery based on various search criteria,
and, not surprisingly, there are other companies
offering equivalent capabilities.

Presumably there is a business opportunity there
for someone if they believe enough people would be
willing to pay for good metadata lookup capabilities.