[mythtv-users] Leanfront better support for embedded subtitles than mythfrontend

glen glenb at glenb.net
Sun Jun 6 12:03:44 UTC 2021

On Sun, 2021-06-06 at 12:52 +0100, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 06/06/2021 12:14, glen wrote:
> > On Sun, 2021-06-06 at 12:04 +0100, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> > > Leanfront and Mythfrontend are both working really well for me
> > > these
> > > days, and I tend to choose which to use fairly randomly. There
> > > is,
> > > however, an issue that sometimes pushes me to choose one over the
> > > other.
> > > Leanfront will often display embedded subtitles when mythfrontend
> > > wont.
> > > Mythfrontent recognises the subtitles are there and allows them
> > > to be
> > > enabled, but then doesn't display anything.
> > >
> > > I'm building my own packages. Could it be that I'm leaving off a
> > > build
> > > flag that is important for working subtitles?
> > >
> > > On the other hand, for external subtitles, I find that leanfront
> > > doesn't
> > > handle them, whereas Mythfrontend usually does.
>
> That's interesting. My frontend is a NUC, using VAAPI and OpenGL. It
> never occurred to me that the subtitles may be decoding okay but
> failing
> to display. I will experiment.
in android, also kodi i cannot get to display subtitles on most
recordings. i choose between the 3 in android. i have a hard time
moving around forward and back in leanfront, i get long delays and
leanfront does not support commercial skip, but to me the leanfront has
the best quality of playback and better audio.