[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

James jam at tigger.ws
Sat Jun 5 22:59:24 UTC 2021

> On 6 Jun 2021, at 12:00 am, <rkulagow at gmail.com> <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [I work for Schedules Direct]
>
>>> Metadata is dreadful in Oz (WA), it has all been bastardised and 1/2 of it chopped off
>>> Mythtv for us still does what it has always done and does it well.
>> My bitch about metadata may be related. I too am in WA. Who is screwing up the data? Methought the meta data was global, but I’m certainly struggling
>
> Schedules Direct has data for Australia, and personally I think our metadata is pretty good.
>
> People brought up the example of "The Graduate". Here's what our data for The Graduate looks like. Down in the ratings area, it looks like Australia has coded it as "M" for "Adult Themes"
>
> {
> 	"programID": "MV000072350000",
> 	"titles": [{
> 		"title120": "The Graduate",
> 		"titleLanguage": "en"
> 	}],
> 	"descriptions": {
> 		"description1000": [{
> 			"descriptionLanguage": "en",
> 			"description": "Benjamin Braddock (Dustin Hoffman) has just finished college and, back at his parents' house, he's trying to avoid the one question everyone keeps asking: What does he want to do with his life? An unexpected diversion crops up when he is seduced by Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft), a bored housewife and friend of his parents. But what begins as a fun tryst turns complicated when Benjamin falls for the one woman Mrs. Robinson demanded he stay away from, her daughter, Elaine (Katharine Ross)."
> 		}],

2 questions please

1) If 1/2 the world burned down and if you're lucky the EPG will update that "MyShow" is not on from 8 to 9 but from 9 to 10. while breaking news happens. How good is Schedules Direct at doing likewise?

2) How does myth get configured to use SD for the metadata grabber

Thanks
James