[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

Kevin Hill khill at vnetwork.com
Fri Jun 4 13:59:56 UTC 2021

Hi Paul,

On 6/4/2021 8:17 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> So the question is what improvements would you like to see in MythTV in
> the future that would persuade you to continue to use it? Would you like
> to see better support for YouTube for example or a better video media
> library. Better music player? Support for IPTV services? What plugins do
> you use?  What plugins would you like to see? Are you happy with the
> user interface or would you like to see a more modern one?

Our family's TV viewing has mostly shifted to streaming services,
although there are still a few things we record off the air. The main
thing I would like to see is better youtube support, or possibly a
remote control friendly web browser plugin to access streaming services.

I'd also like to see integration of local media with recorded shows, I
remember there was talk of that coming a while back, not sure what the
current status is.

HDMI-CEC support would definitely be a big plus, roku has spoiled us in
that respect, although that's really not anything mythtv can fix alone.

thanks,
-kevin