[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Fri Jun 4 13:17:48 UTC 2021

We can see from the number of Scheduled Direct users and the Smolt data
that MythTV is losing users at an ever increasing rate.  We think one
reason for this is it's getting harder and harder to record stuff
because more services are becoming encrypted requiring proprietary boxes
to view and record content and some services are moving to an on-demand
type of service that are hard or impossible to record.

So the question is what improvements would you like to see in MythTV in
the future that would persuade you to continue to use it? Would you like
to see better support for YouTube for example or a better video media
library. Better music player? Support for IPTV services? What plugins do
you use?  What plugins would you like to see? Are you happy with the
user interface or would you like to see a more modern one?

Give us your thoughts on what direction you would like to see MythTV
take now it's original purpose is slowing being killed of.

Paul H.