[mythtv-users] Video and sound turning off for 2 seconds then returning

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 14:11:11 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 9:16 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions.  What I'm testing right now is using an
> edid.bin file.
> I stopped gdm.service while at a console and generated it. I put the
> edid.bin in /etc/X11/ along with my xorg.conf file below:
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Card0"
>        Driver      "intel"
>        Option         "ConnectedMonitor" "HMMI-1"
>        Option         "CustomEDID" "HDMI-1:/etc/X11/edid.bin"
>        Option         "IgnoreEDID" "false"
>        Option         "UseEDID" "true"
> EndSection
>
> It seemed to take effect because if I compare the log files with and
> without my xorg.conf file I see that it doesn't scan and print out the EDID
> as it does in the standard boot.
>
> So it's working now, I'll just test switching away from the PC with the
> Switch to see if it truly works.
>
> Again, thanks all for your help.
>
> Jim A

I've been working the PC hard with multiple workspaces/tiled windows/
stacked windows, streaming music, etc. after having switched the TV away
from the PC to my Shield TV for 1/2 hour. Switching back worked for now.
More testing in the offing, but I think it may have been an EDID problem as
suggested.

Jim A