[mythtv-users] Video and sound turning off for 2 seconds then returning

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 13:16:48 UTC 2021

Thanks for the suggestions.  What I'm testing right now is using an
edid.bin file.
I stopped gdm.service while at a console and generated it. I put the
edid.bin in /etc/X11/ along with my xorg.conf file below:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
       Driver      "intel"
       Option         "ConnectedMonitor" "HMMI-1"
       Option         "CustomEDID" "HDMI-1:/etc/X11/edid.bin"
       Option         "IgnoreEDID" "false"
       Option         "UseEDID" "true"
EndSection

It seemed to take effect because if I compare the log files with and
without my xorg.conf file I see that it doesn't scan and print out the EDID
as it does in the standard boot.

So it's working now, I'll just test switching away from the PC with the
Switch to see if it truly works.

Again, thanks all for your help.

Jim A