[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase failing

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:44:10 UTC 2021

On 1/31/21 5:08 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 31/01/2021 01:52, Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 1/30/21 7:40 PM, Mary Strimel wrote:

>>> Narrowing the issue, I found that I am able to get listings if I run
>>> mythfilldatabase as regular user mary, but I get the Schedules Direct
>>> lineup error if I run it as user mythtv. I thought the grabber was
>>> supposed to be used and configured as user mythtv though, and
>>> mythfilldatabase run as that user also. What should I do? Is there a
>>> way to tell mythtv to run mythfilldatabase as a regular user?
>>> I compared the FIOS.xmltv files under /home/mary and /home/mythtv. I
>>> thought I'd caught the issue when I noticed that the first file had
>>> both
>>> lineups listed (OTA and cable) and the second had only the cable
>>> lineup. But when I conformed the files to make the second match the
>>> first, I
>>> still get the error when I run mythfilldatabase as user mythtv. this
>>> sounds crazy but is it possible that user mythtv is not able to
>>> create the
>>> required /tmp file for that lineup.
>>
>> See if this explains things. It's only the files for XMLTV, don't
>> remove all other files (someone did so I have to add this.)
>>
>> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3480&p=19513&hilit=ascii+art#p19508
>>

> Another thing to look at is file permissions for files under the
> different users. Any variations could cause what you see.
>
> Also check the cache directories and files under those users.
> Temporary files can get put there during the run as well as in /tmp.

Check your .mythtv directory and .xmltv directory in $HOME (I am not
sure which is used in your case). There is a conf file and a DB file
used for each lineup. The DB file contains the schedules direct
password. I suspect that you have different copies of these under
different user home directories. One of them likely has the wrong
password. Make sure you are using the same xmltv conf and DB file every
time.