[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Rock Pi X

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Jan 15 10:51:00 UTC 2021

On 14/01/2021 22:44, James Linder wrote:

>> On 15 Jan 2021, at 1:04 am, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>>
>> I've been using one of these as frontend for a few months now: https://store.minisforum.com/collections/intel%C2%AE-celeron%C2%AE-series/products/minisforum-n40-mini-pc  Very pleased with it. Has played everything I've thrown at it flawlessly, including UK BBC 1080i, which can be problematic on some setups.
>
> Paul ta.
> I'm not looking at low cost I'm looking at really smooth playback.
>  From what I see this hardware is the same as UDOO
> (I was not spashing $$, it was for a job)
> https://shop.udoo.org/udoo-x86-ii-advanced-plus.html
> If so the video is definitly acceptable, but not outstanding. I also do not want a Boeing on my table!

Yes, me too: not just really smooth, it has to be perfect. I can't stand
the rough look of playback when (say) a 24fps movie is played back with
a 60fps refresh rate. I cannot stand the odd tick in the motion of a
slow pan when playback is struggling to keep up. That's why I've avoided
ARM-based so far. I am actually seeing flawless playback from the device
I link to above. Perhaps the difference with respect to the one you
linked is 400 vs 600 intel graphics. (Can't comment on 4K. I don't have
a 4K TV).

> I also do not want a Boeing on my table!

It's fanless too, if I'm correctly understanding what you're saying.