[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 21:22:39 UTC 2021

Hoi Peter,

> On 2/25/21 1:45 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Get the latest version of mythtv from github:
>>      Make directory where to place it and go there

> Hika has written detailed instructions for installing the metadata
> changes manually on versions of MythTV older than v31. I have added
> these instructions to the wiki page at
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Metadata_Lookup_Changes_March_2021 . The
> instructions are not simple and are not officially supported. Be
> prepared for problems! Let me know if you find things that can be
> improved in the instructions.

> Thank you Hika!

> Note - I removed the part about fixing the bug because that has now been
> fixed in github.

> Peter

I have tested the integration with mythtv and that works. Even beter
than I had expected!
I thought it possible that mythmetadatalookup would simply use the
script name in the inetref, but I thought first to test what would
happen if I renamed tvmaze.py to ttvdb.py and it worked. So good that
the inetref was after the hit changed to reflect tvmaze.py.

However, if you do not copy either tvmaze.py or tmdb3tv.py to ttvdb.py
searches won't work, it will always come up with a tmdb3.py reference.

So choose which of the two you want and copy (or simlink) that one to
ttvdb.py.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven