[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:18:32 UTC 2021

On 2/25/21 4:22 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> I have tested the integration with mythtv and that works. Even beter
> than I had expected!
> I thought it possible that mythmetadatalookup would simply use the
> script name in the inetref, but I thought first to test what would
> happen if I renamed tvmaze.py to ttvdb.py and it worked. So good that
> the inetref was after the hit changed to reflect tvmaze.py.
>
> However, if you do not copy either tvmaze.py or tmdb3tv.py to ttvdb.py
> searches won't work, it will always come up with a tmdb3.py reference.
>
> So choose which of the two you want and copy (or simlink) that one to
> ttvdb.py.

Hi Hika

Can you explain this. I don't understand.

All you need to do is go into mythfrontend -> setup -> Artwork and Data
Sources -> Television Metadata Source

Change there to whichever script you want and it will use that script
for shows that do not have the inetref filled in.

If you link one of the other script names to ttvdb.py then those
recording rules and recorded shows that have ttvdb.py_nnnnn in the
inetref will lookup the wrong show because the nnnnn is different for
each of the sources.

Maybe this works differently in 0.27. Does 0.27 have the Artwork and
Data Sources entry?

Peter