[mythtv-users] mac build

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 17:50:48 UTC 2021

> Hi James, that's a macports issue.   It looks like "asciidoc" had a
> stealth update on the upstream maintainers side and it caused macports to
> fail to install due to a checksum mismatch error.  Unfortunately, the only
> way to really fix that is wait for someone on the macports team to fix it.
> Thankfully a ticket is already opened in trac alerting the macports folks
> about the issue (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62273)
>
> I'll let you know when it gets fixed.

Hi James, asciidoc is now fixed in macport's git repo.  If you're grabbing
an updated ports list from git (which I highly suggest), you can issue a
"sudo port selfupdate" and it will pick up the revised/updated port list
now.  If you're pulling the ports list down via the tarball (standard
install is to  use the tarball), you'll probably need to wait a while
before trying again.

If you want to swap a default macports install over to using git for the
portslist do the following:

sudo mkdir -p /opt/mports
cd /opt/mports
sudo git clone https://github.com/macports/macports-ports.git

Then open "/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf" in a text editor. The last
line should look like this:

rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]

Change it to point to the working copy you checked out:

file:///opt/mports/macports-ports [default]

Then run (this will take a long while as it has to walk through the entire
port tree)

sudo port -d selfupdate