[mythtv-users] Database damage?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Feb 13 10:26:53 UTC 2021

On 13/02/2021 01:53, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 1:23 AM Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>> Incidentally, this unit has been powered through a UPS for most of its life.
>
> Does not really matter, as the common cause of these supply
> failures is well understood (aging/failing caps) and the quality
> of the incoming source is typically not entirely relevant.
>
>> I’ve reached out to SiliconDust about getting a replacement.
>
> Replacements are available from their online shop, or if
> you wish to source locally, the specs are referenced on
> their forum (I think they moved them, but there is still
> a reference on their forum to the new location).

A point, possibly off-topic. In the UK the "online shop" is now essentially a silicondust page that
buys your product through Amazon. The first HDHR dual tuner I bought came from the same page but
Amazon was not involved at that time.

I don't like Amazon or its practices so avoid it at all times. I needed another tuner, so I
eventually had my son (who buys tons through Amazon) to get it for me.

As always, YMMV.

--

Mike Perkins