[mythtv-users] mythtv recording WAY past the end of the show

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Wed Feb 10 19:16:52 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-02-10 at 10:38 -0800, Scott Simpson wrote:
> Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (Focal Fossa)
>
> Most of my QT libraries show version 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu1. MOST of
> them
> record too long. I don't think it is all of them. I can't make rhyme
> or
> reason on which ones record too long but recording The Late Late
> Show, The
> Tonight Show, and Jimmy Kimmel Live are all an hour and always record
> 6
> hours every night.

LOL. I also record the first two, but record Corden instead of Kimmel.

So two of those three recordings cross midnight, and the third doesn't.
Are the recordings always 6 hours instead of one?  Are your recordings
set to start early/run late, or do they start/end on time? I.E. are the
recordings supposed to record for 60 minutes, or for 2+60+2 like mine.
If you have pre/post overrun, is that reflected in the overlong
recordings?  I.E. is the actual recording 6*60=360, or 2+(6*60)+2=364,
or 6*(2+60+2)=384. Just trying to find a pattern.

> If there is any debugging I can turn on in the mythbackend.log file
> let me know.

Not sure yet. Will let you know.

Can you try running 'mythbackend --printsched' on you backend system
and post the output. You don't have to stop the running backend. This
will run a second copy that dumps the scheduling info and then quits.
That might help figure out if the problem is in the scheduling of
recordings, or the act of recording. Feel free to mail directly to me
(mythtv @ love2code.net) if you don't want to post.

Thanks.

David