[mythtv-users] mythtv recording WAY past the end of the show

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Wed Feb 10 18:27:08 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-02-10 at 10:06 -0800, Scott Simpson wrote:
> I have a HDHomeRun Prime (firmware 20200907) recording with mythtv
> and I
> keep up with the latest releases on Ubuntu. I'm running
> 2:32.0~master.202102091135.9a790b3e91~ubuntu20.04.1. About a month
> ago,
> mythtv started recording FAR past the end of the show. For example, I
> tape
> The Tonight Show which is an hour and it records for 6 hours. This
> causes
> mythcommflag to run for a very long time. I do have the mythtv set up
> for 5
> minutes after the hour and this used to work. How can I debug this?

Hi Scott,

This appear to be related to my recent set of commits to use the
std::chrono data type, but I am unable to replicate the problem on my
system. There is another email thread going on the mythtv-dev mailing
list about this problem.

Can you tell me what version of Ubuntu you are using and what version
of Qt its running? I have a HDHR3-CC like you, along with a couple of
other HDHR boxes for testing.

Is it all recordings that run too long, or just specific recordings?

Thanks.

David