[mythtv-users] Slow Videos browsing

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed Feb 3 12:49:26 UTC 2021

>>> Is this normal behavior, and is there anything i can do to improve things?

Tim,

I'm still on 29 and use MythVideo extensively.

I've got around 660 DVDs ripped that are on a SAN with an XFS file system connected via 8gbit fibre channel.

I'm using Gallery View and it takes around 6 seconds to bring the main page up, but all sub folders seem to populate quickly.

My Scifi directory contains 186 movies at a size of 744GB

My suggestion would be to eliminate your Shield has being the problem.  Do you have another FE to test with?

Doug