[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD issues

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 21:52:19 UTC 2021

Assuming you are using v31 it is a good idea to create a new video source
and then do a new channel scan. The reason for this is that sometimes old
channel data prevents new data from being stored correctly. With a new
video source and a "Full Scan" it should just work.
There have been reports that it is needed to set the modulation type of
this type of tuner to DVB-T2 but this should be the default for a new
installation.

About the multirec, in the mythtv-setup page Input Connections /
Interactions between Inputs there is a "Schedule as Group" option. If this
option is checked, and it is by default on a new install, then multirec is
enabled. You can specify the initial amount of tuners (the first option)
but you can leave that at the default of 2.

For everything else you want to know about channel scanning you might want
to read Wiki page https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Scanning

Klaas.