[mythtv-users] edit mode on recordings questions

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 18:15:03 UTC 2021

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 4:40 AM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 30/12/2021 02:22, George Bingham wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using mythtv v31.0+fixes from 11/08.
> >
> > I have recently been switching around themes. I am usually on
> > Functionality 31.0, but occasionally switch to Mythcenter-Wide 1.7, and
> > noticed again when I am in edit mode on a recording, that there seems to
> > be an extra graphic, above the graphic that shows where commercial edits
> > & cuts are, that looks kinda like a sound-wave graphic.
> >
> > Is that what it is?   Have not been convinced lately, and not sure if it
> > works as intended. It may not show up until you back it up by one
> > keyframe or more from a cutpoint.  What is it supposed to represent?
> >   Also if you position the pointer one or more keyframes ahead (i.e.
> > opposite of backing up through a non-cut area) it doesn't change - at
> > least on my setup.
> >
> > If I back up a few keyframes again, it will update again once I pass the
> > point I was at previously.
> >
> > Does anyone know what I'm typing about? I could include a screenshot of
> > what I'm describing, but I forget exactly how to include pictures
> > without using attachments. You may need to use the mythcenter-wide theme
> > to ever even see what I'm trying to describe.
> >
> > Just hoping for an explanation, and maybe confirmation of what it
> > represents, and how it can be helpful when making edits.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > -- George
>
> It's the AudioOutputGraph (AOG) and, as you say, it doesn't really work
> as claimed.  I tried to make it more useful but eventually gave up.
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12901
>
> Since then there have been a few minor tweaks relating to data overflow,
> but I'm not aware of anything more.
>
> John P

Thanks John,

That's what I figured, I thought it might be a good way to "fine tune" my
commercial edits so I don't get the brief ending commercial sound (or brief
starting commercial sound), but didn't think it was really working properly.

Probably not a high priority, but still worthy of a feature request?

Might this be different in v32?

Thanks everyone,

George