[mythtv-users] Build from source on Archlinux -Master

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 22:29:21 UTC 2021

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 4:44 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, the Archlinux was installed fresh this morning just to experiment
> with mythtv on Arch. I'm trying to create a PKGBUILD for mythtv that tracks
> master instead of the one that just tracks v31. It's something to keep me
> busy until the drinking lamp is lit.
>
> The build after the python-pip install worked. Now I'm down to fixing the
> library links. I'm getting the usually:
> error while loading shared libraries: libmythtv-32.so.32: cannot open
> shared object file
> I think I know how to fix that for the Building from source wiki.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Jim A

This is strange.  I had mythtv v31 working without any issues. Now I have
all the programs updated to Pre32 master but mythbackend will not connect
(133).

With the backend stopped I did mythtv-setup and it wanted to upgrade the
schema of the database and I didl. Since then 133 failures on the backend.
I went to the usual place to look for /etc/mysql... and that directory
isn't there.  I can get into mariadb with mysql -u root -p and look at the
mythconverg tables, etc, but I'm really confused. If you don't know
something to look for, I'm going to blow it all away and start over after
I've had a few whiskey's

Jim A