[mythtv-users] convoluted questiom

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Dec 26 02:52:21 UTC 2021

Guys Hi

I want to take a camera

a) stream it
b) preview at will
c) record at will

mythtv is perfect except I do not want any GUI, only programatic invocation.
I’ve not studied the API eg I find StopRecording but no StartRevording, can anyone offer advice?

I implimented the requirement with gstreamer. Unlike mythtv-users and mythtv-dev lists their list is populated by soals seeking answers and a few really knowledgeable people. Unless you can pique their interest, you are on your own.

All works properley but
I get messages about “your computer is too slow” (4core 4G i5 !!)

The resultant recordings
are perfect with vlc + linux
are perfect with vlc + winders
stutter vlc mac.

Mac is not relevant *except* the recordings are probably broken.
what tool can I use to spelunk the recording
James