[mythtv-users] Help with playback issue on recordings from a single channel

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 22:25:07 UTC 2021

On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 at 22:33, Yeechang Lee <ylee at columbia.edu> wrote:

> Vincent Poore says:
> > 1504_20211225153600.ts
>
> I see no problems with playback or seeking on MacBook Pro running 0.30
> (MPEG2 ffmpeg decoder, OpenGL renderer), and Nviia Shield TV running
> 0.31-Pre (Mediacodec decoder, OpenGL renderer) and Leanback 0.203. (I can't
> test on VDA because my MythFrontend doesn't use it, for some reason.)
>
> The clip plays back here OK, with software decoding as mentioned but also
on an Nvidia GT1030 with VDPAU decoding and also on Intel with VAAPI
decoding.
Because the clip plays OK on Nvidia with hardware decoding this eliminates
the possibility of a Nvidia hardware decoding bug being an issue here.
However, on Intel with VAAPI decoding and double rate High Quality
deinterlacing there are many messages about interop de-interlacers being
created and destroyed every few seconds. This is possibly not correct; it
could be that the stream parsing code that decides on the interfacing is
not stable for this stream.

However, all messages about interop de-interlacers being created and
destroyed disappear when going back to single-rate deinterlacing.
I suggest disabling double rate de-interlacing and start with a low quality
single-rate deinterlacer and see how it goes. Then increase quality
settings as needed and as long as it still plays good. This can be
configured in Setup / Video / Playback / Current Video Playback Profile /
formats > VAAPI / Deinterlacer quality (double rate).