[mythtv-users] Easiest way to edit channels

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 20:50:54 UTC 2021

On 12/17/21 3:24 PM, Kevin Johnson wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 8:18 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com
> <mailto:pb.mythtv at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 12/16/21 8:21 PM, Kevin Johnson wrote:
>>     So I was able to figure out chedit2.pl <http://chedit2.pl> and
>>     have been successfully editing the database.
>>     Once I get the database trimmed, what is the best way to have the
>>     channels I have removed from the database not show in the guide?
>>     Is there an option using mythfilldatabase? Or do I now need to
>>     delete the unused channels using mythweb or channel editor on the
>>     backend?
>>
>>     Thanks for all the help
>>
>     Personally, I just leave them there. After a couple of weeks the
>     ones that are no longer selected in mythfilldatabase will show "No
>     Data" in the guide.
>
>     Otherwise, the easiest way to edit channels is using mythweb. Got
>     to settings, TV, channel info. You can uncheck "visible" to make
>     the channels not show in the guide. You can also delete them from
>     mythweb if you prefer. It is very easy since it is a grid and you
>     can quickly select or unselect a bunch of them and apply the updates.
>
> Using mythweb I get the following error.
> Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit
> change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0
>
> I am not able to change anything.
> I added this to my php.ini /php_value max_input_vars 10000/
> restarted apache but still no go.
> Suggestions?
>
> Setting up channels used to be much easier.

I set it to 20000

Depends on which version of php you are using

Look for /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php*.conf to find the version you are
using

Update /etc/php/7.4/apache2/php.ini - substitute your version for 7.4 if
your version is not 7.4

; How many GET/POST/COOKIE input variables may be accepted
;max_input_vars = 1000
max_input_vars = 20000

Restart apache after changing this.

Peter