[mythtv-users] Easiest way to edit channels

Kevin Johnson iitywygms at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 20:24:40 UTC 2021

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 8:18 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/16/21 8:21 PM, Kevin Johnson wrote:
>
> So I was able to figure out chedit2.pl and have been successfully editing
> the database.
> Once I get the database trimmed, what is the best way to have the channels
> I have removed from the database not show in the guide?
> Is there an option using mythfilldatabase?  Or do I now need to delete the
> unused channels using mythweb or channel editor on the backend?
>
> Thanks for all the help
>
> Personally, I just leave them there. After a couple of weeks the ones that
> are no longer selected in mythfilldatabase will show "No Data" in the guide.
>
> Otherwise, the easiest way to edit channels is using mythweb. Got to
> settings, TV, channel info. You can uncheck "visible" to make the channels
> not show in the guide. You can also delete them from mythweb if you prefer.
> It is very easy since it is a grid and you can quickly select or unselect a
> bunch of them and apply the updates.

Using mythweb I get the following error.
Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit
change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0

I am not able to change anything.
I added this to my php.ini  *php_value max_input_vars 10000*
restarted apache but still no go.
Suggestions?

Setting up channels used to be much easier.