[mythtv-users] Mythweb error after upgrading to Ubuntu 21.10

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:12:20 UTC 2021

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 11:20 AM <f-myth-users at lab.media.mit.edu> wrote:

> I know this is a very late reply, but I only noticed this thread because
> of recent discussion on -dev.  Judging from things like [1] (which I
> found just by searching for ASSERT_QUIET_EVAL), I'm wondering if simply
> commenting-out that line in /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/errors.php
> might fix this.  I don't have a 21.x/PHP8 test setup to have any idea if
> it would, but it might be an easy test for you try to and report back.
>
> [From the paragraph at the top of that file, I'm guessing that Chris
> Petersen may have written that file for use in many of his projects,
> not just Mythweb, and perhaps that line isn't even relevent for Mythweb.]
>
> [1] https://github.com/simplesamlphp/simplesamlphp/issues/1421

I tried just commenting out the line you mentioned and now the error has
moved to a new place. Not sure it's worth chasing all of these since
mythweb is depreciated. The new error is:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function
get_magic_quotes_gpc() in /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/cleanup.php:50
Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/init.php(30):
require_once() #1 /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/mythweb.php(20):
require_once('...') #2 {main} thrown in
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/cleanup.php on line 50

Jim A