[mythtv-users] Motherboard / case suggestions for early 2022 backend

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 04:38:52 UTC 2021

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021, 8:52 PM Stephen Worthington, <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote

> <snip>
> The Nvidia GT1030 does do 4K video, but only at the standard TV level, not
> high refresh rates.  I imagine that press screening video is likely 4K, but
> just what it actually is you would know better than me.
> <snip>

You would think the press screening sites would be 4K but no, highest is
1080 that I've dealt with. Super quality doesn't matter as you spend the
whole film with your name and email either watermarked across the middle of
screen or reappearing in various corners. Don't have any examples, as it's
also closely guarded and accessed with much legalese. Some are websites
that only allow Apple or Windows browsers (hence the need to potentially
use a VM) while some have native Roku/AppleTV/Chromecast apps that wouldn't
involve the Mythbox at all. (Phew!)