[mythtv-users] Motherboard / case suggestions for early 2022 backend

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Dec 11 04:22:20 UTC 2021

I'm probably more in the edge case, that I want MB that support 2 video cards - one is for mythtv, and one is for my general linux desktop - I really didn't want to have an extra computer sitting around just to act as a FE, and I do prefer the really snappy performance of using mythfrontend on a fairly powerful computer.

One thing to look at if you plan to use NVME, is that in some cases, if you use certain NVME slots, certain SATA ports get disabled (you need to look at the MB manual for this).  So you may find a system with 6 SATA ports, but when you toss in a couple NVMEs (for boot drives, database, or other things for performance), you find you are down to 4 SATA ports.