[mythtv-users] Upgrade Madness

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Dec 5 09:11:08 UTC 2021

Today I tried a few things to see if I could get IR blasting to work
on my MCE hardware, but no luck so far.  At the moment, I seem to have
screwed up my IR drivers enough that I will have to wait for a gap in
the recording schedule so that I can reboot the MythTV box.  But by
chance I ran across a post that mentioned a utility I had never heard
of: ir-ctl.  This says that it can send to an IR transmitter directly
without needing to use lirc and irsend.  On Ubuntu, it is installed as
part of the v4l-utils package.  So that looks like a good option, if
it works.  I hope to try it out later tonight after I have rebooted.